The website preview page for Hearsay Culture Network can be found at https://hearsayculture.com. To apply, please send an email and/or current résumé to email@example.com
The platform is moving beyond college radio format, to a mass podcast. The brand’s world-class programming aspires to greater reach and programming excellence. If you like the sound of us and the role: please get in touch! We will try to respond in a timely way, thanks for your patience.
Hearsay Culture reports on technology, business and culture as it has done since it began broadcasting in 2006 over KZSU-FM Stanford. We are a passionate, innovative group seeking one or two more exceptional senior members of our team.
New Internship & Business Manager Team Roles
Business Associate Internship, Summer/Fall 2023
Hearsay Culture (HC), a podcast and radio program that airs on Stanford-FM KZSU is seeking a media business intern to help with its new website launch. The mission is to research and help broaden HC’s audience and scale the business. HC was founded in May 2006 as the first long-form technology interview podcast. With 260+ shows under its belt, the newly constituted, Hearsay Culture Network is hosted by Elon University law professor Dave Levine and produced by Silicon Valley product pioneer Howard Greenfield.
Benefits to intern include collaborating with a team of creative, well-connected industry professionals with track records in digital media and broadcast. In addition to helping with resume experience, the 6-week internship offers potential exposure to show guests–thought leaders in Tech, Business, and Culture. Working remote is expected, with founder meetings in person available in Stanford Area and Greensboro, North Carolina. This is an unpaid experiential learning internship—small stipend for lunch and travel to be discussed.
The media intern may assist in the following areas:
- Support of rollout and expansion of a new website platform
- Work with founders to complete competitive market analysis and growth strategy
- Develop and scale freemium features and e-commerce; help increase subscribers and partners
- Contribute to social media and sponsorship marketing
- Collaborate on industry partnership affiliates & sponsored content
Preferred skills include:
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Some experience with WordPress
Preferred experience and track-record include:
- Some audio and/or video editing experience (e.g. Adobe Premiere, Audition, or similar)
- Interest or experience with business and sales
Business Manager Position
Hearsay Culture Network, an interactive podcast airing on Stanford-FM KZSU since 2006, is seeking a business manager to team with its founders. This bootstrap position is an opportunity to grow the brand and business model.
This is a chance for the right candidate to influence the new direction of an project leading the emerging media landscape. Helping smooth production and driving company traction are key, and will offer a potential stake in the company as it becomes profitable.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced managing director professional to oversee business operations and help lead with the founders. Responsibilities include driving growth strategy and:
- Collaboration on innovative podcast, videos and blog content
- Driving listenership monetization
- Overseeing basic scheduling operations and content production
- Developing syndication and partnership opportunities
Background & Experience
- Degree in business, marketing, or a related field
- Solid experience in sales, business development and/or media
- Domain expertise in digital media & podcasting
- Strong communications, negotiation, and presentation skills
Hearsay Culture covers technology, business and culture since it began broadcasting in 2006 over KZSU-FM Stanford. We are a passionate, innovative group seeking one or two more exceptional senior members of our team.
The platform is now moving beyond its college radio format, to a medium that compares in quality and reach to PBS in the US, or BBC in the UK. The brand’s world-class programming aspires to ever higher qualities of style and excellence. If you like the sound of us and the role: please get in touch! We will try to respond in a timely way, thanks for your patience.